Beautiful People Childhood Edition




Again, I'm linking up with Cait @ Paper Fury and Sky at Further Up and Further In
For this Beautiful People Edition, I decided to do Eli, yet again, because my other writing ideas are not even caterpillars yet. So I hope you all aren't bored of  her yet. 


And if you're curious to see what she looks like, now, and in her childhood, these two pictures are approximations.



Eli now                                                                                                   Eli as a child


Now for the questions, and I'm going to let her answer them herself this time.

What are their first childhood memory?
I prefer not to remember my childhood whenever possible, but probably Meri singing me a lullaby. She used to do that all the time, especially after a bad day. 

What were their best and worst childhood experiences?
...Again, I dislike speaking about my childhood. I'm not sure I have a particular worst, as I had quite a number. I think my best was the one time Meri was able to get us time outside, although that was later ruined when I realized what she had to do to gain us that small freedom. 

What was their childhood home like?
Cold. Confined. Deadly. Frightening. 

What’s something that scared them as child?
Kind faces and quiet, polite voices, because I knew that they were lying, but I couldn't tell what they were planning. 

Who did they look up to most?
No one. Well, my mother when I was small. 

Favourite and least favourite childhood foods?  
My favourite food was most likely dried fruit--one of the only sweet things we got. Least favourite, probably the bland rice meal that we had every morning for breakfast

If they had their childhood again, would they change anything?
Everything. 

What kind of child were they? Curious? Wild? Quiet? Devious?
Quiet, because it's safer. I learned to hide everything that could lead to harm; either to me or my mother. 

What was their relationship to their parents and siblings like?
I didn't know my older sister as a child. My relationship with Meri was complicated. She wasn't in a position to be an effective parent, but she cared for me. But I spent more time taking care of her than she did of me. Mai--my other blood-mother--well, our relationship was considerably more strained. She abused me and my mother, and worse, she pretended to care about us at first. 

What did they want to be when they grew up, and what did they actually become?
All I wanted was to escape. I didn't want anything more than that. But of course, when we finally did escape, I ended up the crown princess of my country. I could have done without that, but I've dealt with that. I wouldn't run away from my responsibilities. 

Well, there we go. I hope you found it interesting. I learned a bit myself, and confirmed some things that were flying around in my head but not completely written down.

Comments

  1. Oooh this is great! Although I feel like Angi had such a sad tragic childhood though. POOR ANGI. *sends her warm waffles*
    Thanks for joining in. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angi thanks you for the waffles, although I had to explain to her what they were. Thank you for sponsoring the link-up!

      Delete
  2. I'm intrigued. I wonder exactly what these awful circumstances were, and if Angi turned out to be the crown princess, then how did she get into them? Is she a slave? Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! I'd tell you, but the spoilers would be far too many. Although I might let more slip in future tidbits, so keep reading!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts